Advancing health equity and diversity
The AHEAD initiative is a collaborative effort with three programs associated with the ICTR currently recruiting post-doctoral or junior faculty scholars with a focus on health disparities/health equity research:
Across these programs, scholars are trained to use Type 1 and Type 2 translational research approaches for investigation of health disparities/health equity. Many of the scholars in these programs are also from underrepresented minority groups. Carmen Valdez is the CCHE Faculty Director of AHEAD. Caitlin Scott is the AHEAD Pilot Grants Administrator.
AHEAD is an infrastructure to provide Scholars in these programs a critical mass for collaborative activities including:
1) career development seminars;
2) research training workshops and writing groups; and
3) mock study sections for evaluation of trainee grant applications.
AHEAD Pilot Grants
AHEAD scholars are also eligible to submit applications for a $10,000 pilot award (funded thru ICTR), to advance their health equity research. For technical assistance with the Pilots, contact AHEAD Pilot Grants Administrator Caitlin Scott. More info is available on the AHEAD Pilot Grants page.
AHEAD Scholar Resources
- CCHE Alerts – CCHE alert emails are shared with our network of affiliates. These communications often include information on grants and workshops that could be highly relevant to AHEAD scholars and other junior faculty. Known events, conferences, workshops, etc. are also posted in our upcoming events calendar.
- AHEAD Listserv: Post or share news of interest to the AHEAD community by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community-Campus Partnerships for Health (CCPH) – Community-Campus Partnerships for Health (CCPH) is a nonprofit membership organization that promotes health equity and social justice through partnerships between communities and academic institutions. CCPH offers excellent programs and technical assistance for Scholars in health equity research and related fields.